Comment are off
- Know your credit score : You need 620 to qualify for a home loan and 740 to get the best rate. You are entitled to a free report each year . Check them at www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Correct any mistakes on the reports. Contact the agency and the company that reported the mistake
- Pay every bill on time. Late payments really hurt your standing
- Use credit carefully. Try to overpay the minimums and reduce your balances.
- You need long standing credit wherever possible. Cards you have had for a long time and are in good standing help your credit. Opening new cards can hurt you. Don’t close cards you are not using. Leave them open and unused.
- Don’t use all your credit. Maxing out a card is worse than several cards with unmaxed balances.
- Be patient. It takes time to increase your scores